Tuesday, November 9, 2010

brick wall

My friend, Christina, is going through a very difficult time in her marriage. We've been having some great talks about what the Lord is doing in her life. This morning she struck a nerve in me.

She said we, as humans, tend to point fingers at the other person. It is not until you take a look at yourself and see your part in the situation that you are able to move forward. Ouch! Why is this so difficult? I know this, yet it is my brick wall.

Lord, please help me to stop pointing fingers and blaming others. Please help me look at my own faults and persevere through change with Your help and guidance.

I am encouraged by the courage of my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words Susie! Yes, I have been having some difficulties in my marriage, but God has opened up a new door for me underneath his warm arm. God has been my refuge through the mist of my troubles and he continues to restore my heart with his unconditional love, but what I have learned so far in this trial is the need to take a hard look at myself instead of pointing fingers at my husband for hurting me. The Lord has revealed to me that we as humans tend to look right at our circumstances and we loose sight of what matters the most, which is God. We look at our partners and continue to point fingers to why and how, but it's not about what they have done or are doing, its all about our own walk with the Lord. The Lord desires for each one of us to have an intimate close relationship with him, but many of us fall short of this, because of the things we see with our own eyes. But there is a specific scripture that God continues to remind me of every time I want to pay attention to my circumstances. 2 Corin. 4:18-(NLT) So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. Be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete