Monday, February 7, 2011

half of me

My husband, Brad, was recently gone for a week working in Carlsbad. Normally, I would relish these moments of not worrying about making a great dinner only he would enjoy, doing as many dishes, or doing as much laundry.

But this whole week I was really off my game. Why did I feel so lost? Why couldn't I get daily tasks done? Why was I so moody?

At first I chalked it up to hormones. The 5th day I realized what was wrong - or did the Holy Spirit whisper it in my ear? I was missing half of me! I was missing my other half, my beloved, my Sugar, my husband.

At this realization, my eyes misted with tears and I thought, "Oh, that's nice". That was a cool, new feeling for me.

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Genesis 2: 23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment