Sunday, March 28, 2010

love is a covenant

Where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Ruth 1:16

Consider your marriage a covenant instead of a contract. A covenant says, "I give myself to you and commit to this marriage for life." There's nothing in all the world that should sever what God has joined together. Your love is based on covenant. Every marriage is called to be an earthly picture of God's heavenly covenant with His church. It is to reveal to the world the glory and beauty of God's unconditional love for us.

Renew your covenant of love in all sincerity and surrender. Fasten your love afresh on this one the Lord has given you to cherish, prize, and honor.

The Love Dare, pp 196-198

No comments:

Post a Comment