Wednesday, March 10, 2010

love is faithful

I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord. Hosea 2:20

I felt at some point last year the Lord reminded me of the story of Hosea. I was feeling like I married the wrong person and everything I was doing to keep our marriage going failed. I felt like my husband and I had become roommates and we were drifting farther apart. As we lived in our separate corners I felt hurt, betrayed, abandoned. Like Hosea, I felt brokenhearted and ashamed. For many this is the beginning of the end.

The story of Hosea and his marriage to Gomer is a picture of God's unconditional love for us. In God we have a model of what rejected love does. It remains faithful. We can only love like God loves if we begin with His love. Ask Him to fill you with His faithful love and then determine to give it to your spouse, reflecting your gratefulness to God for loving you. That's the beauty of redeeming love. That's the power of faithfulness.

Francine Rivers is a Christian author. Her book Redeeming Love is based on the story of Hosea. It's a beautiful story of redemption, faithfulness, and unconditional love. You can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment